Direct Support Professional (DSP)
- Direct support residential staff
- Full and part time, hourly pay
- Locations include: Southington, Cheshire, Wallingford, Meriden, Hamden, and New Britain
- Provide assistance and/or support for the individuals to follow all their personal routines for daily living.
- Supports and assists individuals with personal budgeting and banking. Account for all finances, log, verify, account for and obtain receipts for all house and individual's finances.
- Assists individuals with planning for recreation and leisure activities. Must be actively engaged with the individuals at all times.
- Provides support and/or preforms household duties including housekeeping, meal prep, and laundry.
- Provides a positive environment to the individuals, encouraging independence, choices, and individuality to the best of their ability.
- Staff must be able to remain calm in all situations including behavioral outbursts.
- Staff must drive individuals in agency vehicles or own personal car vehicle when needed.
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with The Arc of Southington policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Staff must complete and keep current on all necessary training and certifications.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a residential environment
- Prefer staff with experience working with behaviorally challenging individuals
- Good written, computer and verbal communication skills
- Availability to be flexible
- Valid CT driver license and insurability
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- DDS Med Certified preferred