ScottB Zip - R&D Tool Assembler Utility
The RD&E Tooling and Process Utility is responsible for the assembly, disassembly, maintenance and storage of thermoforming tooling in the RD&E facility.
Responsibilities also include assisting in tool installation into thermo-formers, and supporting operations as needed by handling/ grinding web, packing finished product and other utility tasks as needed.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
Tool Assembly and Maintenance
- Assembles thermoforming tools per the drawings provided by RD&E Tooling Designers.
- Cooperates with Tool Room Staff to coordinate tool repairs and modifications.
- Disassembles tools, cleans their components and stores them in their designated locations.
- Organizes tools and tool components in the tool assembly area.
- Inspects, Cleans and Maintains tools and tool components as they come from the thermoforming machines. Logs tooling condition and needed repairs in tool log.
- Participates in incoming tool and tool component inspection per documentation provided by a tooling designer.
- Moves tools to and from the tool assembly area, tool storage locations and the designated staging location for each thermoforming machine.
- Documents tool assembly sequence during 1stassembly to be followed during subsequent assembly of the same tool.
- Creates and follows tool assembly checklists.
- Assists with setup of machines as needed.
- Occasionally operate forklift and other load-bearing devices to load and unload trucks, move, convey, transport or locate product and other materials within the facility.
- Performs routine daily pre-operational check of forklift and cleans them as needed in accordance with checklist.
- Ensures that no pallets, tools or other items are blocking the emergency exits.
- Ensures that good housekeeping practices are followed. Clean up any loose wood, stretch wrap, banding, and regrind.
- Minimize product damage caused by warehouse activity through safe work practices.
- Assists in taking accurate periodic physical inventory.
- Arranges all raw material and finished product in the warehouse in an orderly fashion, according to warehouse location system.
- Moves corrugated material to the area for assembly in a timely manner.
- Responsible for performing Quality Control inspections of product for defects against the Q.C. Standard and properly document test results on QC013 form as required by WI-QC014-S at each work center at required intervals.
- When/if defective product is found, set aside and notify his/her supervisor.
- Removes parts from machines/stackers and packs properly in cartons.
- Monitor, inspect and pack/stack multiple machines when assigned to machines with gravity and automated stackers.
- Accurately monitors proper carton count.
- Will fill in for Packer position when needed. Ability to pack/stack parts when machine is running at various cycle speeds.
- Supports Grinding Operations & Grinder/Utility during capacity constraints.
- Follows procedures for daily and weekly machine inspection, preventive maintenance, and cleaning and brings to the attention of supervision any items that may need to be fixed or looked at.
- Ensures that lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
Preventive Maintenance Administration/Documentation
- Accurately and consistently perform administrative tasks such as properly weighing, tagging and recording of grinding gaylord information.
- Will document material movement and material types.
- Properly completes paperwork and other administrative documentation as assigned.
To service our customers, we operate three manufacturing plants, one distribution center and a Research, Development and Engineering center.
Our goal is to double our sales and we need your help. If you are a collaborative, high energy, high performing team player, we are interested in talking with you.