- Job Board
The Outpatient Counselor will perform the daily functions regarding the treatment of patients in the Outpatient Programs to include IOP. This may required providing structured treatment services for mental health and substance abusing patients. S/he will report directly to the Program Director.
1. S/he will implement and facilitate Individual, Couples, Family and/or Group Counseling and Educational services to patients.
2. S/he will complete the Intake Evaluation and assessment package on all applicants for treatment.
3. S/he will serve on the screening committee and vote on the appropriateness and readiness of an applicant for the Program.
4. S/he will attend all staff meetings and present evaluations of his/her clients as well as keep staff up to date on all information.
5. S/he completes a Psychosocial Summary following Policies and Procedures on all patients applying for Outpatient treatment. The Counselor will supervise that the dictated or handwritten Psychosocial Summary is typed in a timely manner.
6. S/he sees that all urines voided are supervised by this person or another same sex staff person.
7. S/he assures that urine specimens going to urinalysis labs are packaged and shipped properly.
8. S/he complies with all DMHAS, and Department of Health Services Regulations pertaining to Intensive Outpatient Treatment.
9. S/he complies with all Connecticut Counseling Centers Policies, Procedures and Regulations regarding the treatment of patients on an Outpatient basis.
10. S/he maintains patient file folders for each patient, which will include admission data, Progress Notes, Treatment Plan Forms, and all other forms and data applicable to each client.
11. S/he reports weekly to the Program Director to discuss progress and problems pertaining to each patient.
12. S/he is responsible for collecting client fees from self-paying clients and coordinating with the Administrative Assistant that these fees are recorded properly.
13. S/he will maintain a current CT License/ Certification at all times.
14. S/he will perform community liaison work when requested by the Program Director to inform the community of the services that Connecticut Counseling Centers, Inc. offers and to maintain full census.
15. S/he will be responsible for SATIS, Monthly Counselor Activity Reports and program statistics. In addition, s/he will act as liaison for the SATIS transmittals.
16. S/he has the knowledge and skills required to provide services to adult patients.
17. S/he develops a positive therapeutic working relationship with patients including modifying interventions to meet the values and expectations of the patients.
18. S/he will consistently demonstrate the ability to utilize best practices in crisis management techniques to effectively intervene, de-escalate and resolve patient crisis.
19. S/he will coordinate treatment services with CT Department of Justice Community Support Services Division (CSSD). S/he will keep all referring CSSD staff updated on changes in patient's treatment status.
20. S/he will coordinate treatment services with the Client Care Coordinator and forward all required documentation in accordance with Policy & Procedures
21. S/he will adhere to all CSSD contractual reporting requirements and deadlines
22. S/he will perform additional duties as assigned.Company Description Connecticut Counseling Centers, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation that provides a full range of licensed outpatient substance abuse and mental health prevention, education, and treatment services to assist adults in becoming productive members of society.