Veterinary Technician or Assistant
Compensation: based on experience
Employment type: full-time
Small, service oriented veterinary hospital needs experienced Veterinary Technician FULL TIME. An employee in this position must be knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, client and patient service oriented. He or she must be trustworthy, have an excellent telephone manner and communicate well in the English language.
• have 3+ years experience IN VETERINARY MEDICINE
• be proficient in anesthetic patient monitoring with BP, Pulse Ox, Capnography and EKG
• be able to perform surgical prep, induce patients, and assist in surgery
• be able to perform phlebotomy and place IV catheters
• be computer literate with Cornerstone experience a benefit
• speak excellent English with correct syntax and have a superb phone presence
• be polite and at ease with the public
• be compassionate and love animals, familiar with the "fear free" hospital model
• be proficient with medical dosage arithmetic
• have an extroverted and upbeat personality a team player
• have no criminal record
• have reliable transportation and be able to be on the job by 7:15 a.m. or stay until 7:00 p.m.
• must be available Saturdays until 12:30 pm
• must be able to lift 50lbs and stand for extended periods
Veterinary Technician experience REQUIRED. DO NOT APPLY without Veterinary Technician skills. DO NOT APPLY if you have never worked in an animal hospital. Please email in response to this ad resume to Pond Point Animal Hospital, 632 New Haven Ave. Milford, CT 06460. Please do not go to our web page and respond there.