Software Engineer, Industrial Controls
Our client has an immediate direct hire opening for a Software Engineer, Industrial Controls in the central Connecticut area. In this position you will provide technical expertise required for computer system and PLC set up, programming, and assistance.
- Plan and write programming code when necessary in order to ensure the end product meets functional goals expected of the product on required and hold responsibility for estimating and reporting project status.
- Design, develop, review HMI applications, PLC & IO network architecture
- Support the creation of technical product documentation and information, as well as provide on-site assistance during system start-up, commissioning, and maintenance
- Estimate and report project status
- Support the creation of technical product documentation and information.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in computer science, computer engineering, or related field and three to five years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training and education.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- 3-5 years of experience with C++, C# and .NET programming is required
- 3-5 years of experience with SQL database such as PostgreSQL or MS SQL
- 3-5 years of experience with PLC controls from vendors such as Koyo
- Experience with Modbus, MSS, Real-time Control Systems is desired.
- Experience with LabVIEW is a plus
- Highly desired: Writing multi-threading applications, Requirements capturing and documentation (ability to write project requirements documentation, and trace implemented functionality back to the requirements), Software validation (ability to write software test plans and execute them).
- Electrical Engineering or Industrial Controls expertise
- Ability to travel up to 20% if/when necessary.
- Strong communications and organizational skills is required