Clinical Group Home Manager
Midstate Arc, Inc
200 Research Parkway
Meriden CT 06450
MidState Arc, Inc.
MidState Arc, Inc. is agency that provides comprehensive, full-service, community-based opportunities for people funded with disabilities.
Guided by over 120 community members and an active Board of Directors, the Arc always has its focus on improving the lives of people with disabilities. The Arc offers advocacy and assistance to people we support along with advocating for the rights and choices of people with disabilities in our community.
Clinical Group Home Manager
Director of Residential
Job Description: Manages the day-to-day operations of the program/home, supervises and directs staff, and ensures compliance of agency and DDS policies, procedures, and protocols.
?? Provide a high level of clinical expertise regarding all clinical interventions, staffing supports
?? Demonstrates expertise in clinical leadership by authoring, developing, implementing, directing behavioral support plans as well as collecting and analyzing the data for all reports, training, and adaption.
?? Ensures that quality clinical services are provide to the individual we support and their families in a timely manner
?? Provides in-service trainings
?? Facilitates and participates in meetings and trainings as required
?? Responds to calls for evening, weekends, holidays as needed
?? Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the program/home, including finance and facility management, and program/house specific protocols as outlined in the Manager Manual.
?? Responsible for familiarizing self with the Manager Manual, and following protocols and procedures outlined therein.
?? Responsible for home/program finances and equipment, including vehicles; ensures vehicles are maintained as outlined in the Manager Manual, inclusive of required documentation.
?? Knowledge of and adherence to all agency policies, procedures, and protocols, including safety protocols/procedures.
?? Maintains open line of communication between departments, ensuring pertinent information is relayed appropriately as outlined in the Manager Manual.
?? Maintains reliable and competent workforce. Responsible for oversight and direction of said workforce; includes ensuring all staff is well-informed of agency updates/news, policies, and procedures. Conducts regular staff meetings to address concerns and successes, dissemination of information as necessary to keep staff up to date on changes to policies, procedures, or protocols, and retraining as necessary on current policies, procedures, or protocols.
?? Keeps supervisor and HR informed of all staffing changes and issues. Follows Chain of Command.
?? Builds and maintains good relationships with the individuals served, their families/guardians, the community, neighbors, landlords, DDS, DCF, BRS, BOE, etc.
?? Ensures all documentation pertaining to behavioral, finance, facilities, HR, etc. is carried out as required and as outlined in the Manager Manual.
?? Ensures timecards are accurately maintained, reconciled, and approved by payroll deadlines
Education and Experience:
- Degree: Master's level clinical(Social Work, MFT, Psych) required with 3 years of working experience 1 required with Trauma clients
- Related professional Licensed Degree Licensed Degree (e.g. LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc., PhD) preferred
- Experience in trauma required. Experience in working with ASD/ID preferred
- Number of Years of Experience with employee supervision is 4 years
Knowledge and Skills:
?? Knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel.
?? Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively, and the ability to follow through.
?? Ability to handle crisis situations.
?? Excellent time management skills to be able to effectively manage staff and individuals in program/home, including schedules and appointments.
?? Excellent customer service and communication skills.
?? Must be able to thrive in a team environment.
?? Flexibility of schedule to accommodate the needs of the individuals and the program/home.
?? General knowledge of community resources to initiate and facilitate community connection.
?? Ability and desire to advocate for the individuals served.
- Prior administrative and clinical experience directing services in the field of mental health.
- Prior advanced training in organizational leadership within health care facilities.
- Prior sound knowledge of mental health and addictions.
- Ability to manage under stressful or crisis situations. Ability to problem solve. Ability to meet deadlines and establish and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel to various agencies, businesses, and meet with clients in their homes, if needed.
- Knowledge of Computer Software systems (i.e. Windows required).
- Demonstration of ethical behavior and sound judgment that supports the NASW standards of care.
- Must meet and maintain all required trainings, certifications etc. as needed.
- Uphold confidentiality by following the HIPAA regulations.
?? Valid CT state driver's license and acceptable driver history valid insurance and registration
?? Use of personal vehicle; must maintain personal auto liability insurance.
?? Maintain certifications and training as required, including but not limited to CPR, First Aid, PMT, Medication Certification.
?? Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
?? May be required to participate in lifts and client transfers, and perform behavioral interventions and techniques.
Company Description The Arc of Meriden-Wallingford is a non-profit organization that provides advocacy, residential, recreational, community and employment services to adults and children with disabilities. Our site includes a complete overview of our services as well as many of the programs that generate funds for our organization