Golden Compass is seeking a motivated Manager to supervise a team of responsible for both sample processing and accessioning of clinical samples in a high complexity laboratory testing facility in CT. With minimal supervision, the Manager will also direct DNA extraction activities in a high-throughput, dynamic, and fast-paced team environment. The Manager will also adhere to and draft SOPs in a CLIA-certified diagnostic laboratory employing DNA sequencing technologies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the receipt, unpacking, and processing of clinical specimen shipments on a
• Manage the tracking and information assignment of specimens using a Laboratory
Information Management System (LIMS).
• Oversee and perform nucleic acid extractions on clinical specimens using automated
methods for downstream Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis.
• Draft and ensure adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), maintain and oversee sample handling, labeling, and storage.
• Use a keen attention to detail to ensure specimen integrity and identification is maintained throughout entire workflow. • Strict adherence to local, regulatory, and quality management guidelines to ensure full
• Train new hires.
Additional Position Requirement and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in life science-related discipline.
• Ability to manipulate potentially infectious clinical specimens in a biological safety level
• 2+ years Management experience overseeing the processing and accessioning of specimens in a CLIA/CAP-accredited diagnostic laboratory.
• 2+ years experience with DNA manipulation and extraction techniques, preferably in a
high-throughput facility. • Experience with PCR, qPCR, and DNA sequencing methods is a plus.
• Use personal protective equipment.
• Stand or sit for extended periods of time, potentially performing repetitive motion.
• Work with potentially toxic, flammable, and corrosive chemicals, in addition to biologic
agents. • Able to lift 30lbs.
• May be asked to work weekend, irregular, or overtime hours.