Production Engineer Manufacturing
The Production Engineer is responsible for the planning and coordination of manufacturing processes. The Production Engineer's role is responsible for implementation of continual improvements across all areas of our operation, developing robust and efficient procedures, and fostering a "can do" culture through effective training, leadership, and inclusion.
- Seek out and implement process improvement for your department, both driving improvements and delegating to your team, including creating key performance indicators (KPIs) on department specific metrics.
- Establish area performance standards and goals, and hold your team accountable to hitting them.
- Implement sustainable, repeatable processes. Hold your team accountable to following them and empower your staff to suggest process improvements.
- Build and develop your team. Hold regular 1:1s with Leads to ensure their development and onboard and train all new operating personnel.
- Ensure a safe working environment 100% of the time. Ensure the facility and staff comply with all state, federal and local regulatory agencies.
- Provide leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity, and delivery performance using lean manufacturing techniques, quality improvement tools, and Six Sigma protocols, etc.
- Evaluate operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, corrective coaching, etc.
- Analyze master schedule to balance inventories and evaluate short and long-range critical capacity restrictions
- Train and provide orientation for subordinate personnel and oversee training of the workforce
- Effect improvements and desirable modifications in organizational procedures, policies, standards, methods, and process within the Recycling Department
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical assembly, production control, and related manufacturing functions.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to influence others
- Experienced and effective team builder
- Excellent problem-solving skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility, creativity, and ability to work under pressure
Education, Experience, Degrees, Licenses, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing or related environment
- Must have computer and software knowledge-particularly excel
- Strong communication skills, with ability to transmit information accurately
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experiences in 5S, Lean and Kaizen would be a plus