Lab Technician - 25210
New Contract Opportunity in North Haven, CT through 3/1/2019
TITLE: Lab Technician - 25210
The top 3 things we are looking for in a candidate for this position are:
- Medical device industry experience
- ISO 10993 standard experience
The Biocompatibility Technician III position is an entry level position whose major purpose is to support the North Haven Laboratory Services Biocompatibility Group. This includes but is not limited to: sample preparation of devices and materials, coordinating sterilization and testing with both in-house and contract laboratories, perform filing and scanning of reports and project coordination with oversight. The North Haven Laboratory Services Department located in Connecticut directly supports manufacturing locations worldwide. The Biocompatibility Technician III works both individually and as part of a team.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP's) and gain certification through on the job training from team leader.
- Precision sample size modification of devices or materials to be used for testing.
- Submit samples to the NHLS sterilization group.
- Submit samples for testing in conformance to ISO and jMHLW standards.
- Maintain files with proper documentation
- Organize submitted samples and retains
- Perform filing and scanning of paperwork and reports
- Develop biocompatibility project strategies with oversight
- Coordination with engineering teams on sample requirements and other project needs
- Generation of biocompatibility project reports with oversight
- Laboratory Information Managements System (LIMS) entry
- Provide assistance to the Senior Supervisor and other Biocompatibility Specialists as needed.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Preferred basic knowledge of ISO 10993.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Education: High school diploma required.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of previous experience in a biology or chemistry laboratory or medical device industry
Skills/Qualifications: Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
Skills/Competencies: Listening, Demonstrated Communication Skills (both written and verbal), Organization, Time Management, Planning Skills, Reliable and Responsible, Capable of Independently Working.
The Biocompatibility Technician III position reports directly to the Senior Supervisor, Quality. The Biocompatibility Technician III will have frequent contact with Biocompatibility group members and other specialists within the North Haven Laboratory Services Department. The work performed by the Biocompatibility Technician III will directly affect both corporate, divisional, and plant functions in a work related capacity.
Company Description As a leading contract, contract-to-hire and professional placement firm, Three Point Solution understands the importance of aligning our client with the right resource at the right time. We are committed to the highest caliber of service that will benefit our clients, candidates and employees. Unlike large, corporate style recruiting firms, we commit to individualized attention that uniquely positions us to bridge the communication gap between recruiter, employer and candidate. Our goal is to cultivate and maintain true partnerships with our clients and candidates.