Project Manager Business Transformation
Project Manager Business Transformation AP
New Haven, CT
*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AS OUR W2 EMPLOYEE ***
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO WORK AS OUR W2 EMPLOYEE!!!
- Identify necessary management structures for projects and secure the management involvement required.
- Oversee and control any external resources contracted to the project.
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate project risks.
- Drive proper project chartering and setup.
- Maintain strategic alignment of projects by analyzing charters and reviewing with management decision makers, typically out of a PMO.
- Responsible for managing and preparing the IT portfolio status report and dashboard for IT-Steering Committee
- Forecast internal resource capacity by tracking the progress of projects across the portfolio, typically out of a PMO.
- Perform team management, driving motivation, collaboration and performance.
- Manage project administrators or junior PMs as needed, typically out of a PMO in a larger organization.
- Provide an environment conducive to the mentoring, coaching and training apprentice PMs.
- Estimate project costs and manage the budget (includes related scope control).
- Define and drive "rightsized" project management processes (especially, supporting quality assurance).
- Track short-term project metrics (for example, schedule variances and customer satisfaction) to drive improvement.
- Review the project's medium-term benefits (for example, to support business-case process improvement).
- Facilitate the definition of the project scope, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements.
- Establish a communication strategy in partnership with business and IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop and maintains project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project related artifacts.
- Technical PM will work with the Engineers to take the technology from POC to pilot to production.
- Keeps user experience in the forefront of all users facing projects. Work with technical teams and business teams when developing technologies and communication plans to provide an optimal end user experience.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Manage and negotiate project scope changes.
- Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Efficiently identify and resolve project issues.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and other project managers.
- Escalate issues that require executive attention.
- Manage vendor contracts and drive deliverables to meet target dates.
- Ensure business inclusion throughout the management of the project schedule, project decision making, training, etc.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in Business Transformation program and/or Project management area.
- Very good project management skills, with proven track record of leading broad, complex and/or strategic projects combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with managing IT/Business projects in information security, access automation, experience with implementation of Sailpoint preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing projects in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth knowledge and experience defining project scope, team building, Business requirement and understand functional/technical specifications related to SAP, Finance, HR, Supply Chain Management or other business applications systems
- Strong knowledge and experience of Change management and regulatory compliance requirements including GxP, Computer Systems Validation, SOX, Security, ???.
- Broad business acumen and understanding of software development processes, outsourcing and off-shoring.
- Proven experience working effectively in a matrix organization and ability to collaborate effectively across geographies
- Integrated process, people, quality and commitment-centric approach to getting work done.
- Ability to mentor and motivate many kinds of direct or indirect reports, teams and/ or project members
- Drive for high quality and ability to collaborate with other stakeholders to achieve high goals
- Ability to work with different cross-functional stakeholders to establish and ensure a reliable and productive working relationship
- Experience running a dynamic, growing organization in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Experience building relationships with executive leaders. Strong leadership and mentorship capabilities. Functional management experience in a corporate environment (includes hiring, management, assessment, correction as needed).
- Good written and oral communication skills including capacity to comfortably interface with senior leaders, including executive staff.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence.
- Experience in hiring and management of project resources (internal and external)
- Bachelor's degree Business management and/or Information Technology management
- Understanding and adherence to PMI's or similar Project and portfolio Management methodologies
- PMP certification is a plus
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- PROJECT MANAGER
- Access Automation
- LIFE CYCLE
- MANAGING PROJECTS
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT PLANS
- QUALITY ASSURANCE
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- TEAM BUILDING
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- VENDOR CONTRACTS
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- CONTINGENCY PLANNING
- PMP CERTIFICATION
- PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- SARBANES-OXLEY (SOX)
- provided by Dice CHANGE MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SECURITY PROJECT MANAGER PMP Access Automation