Project Manager / Estimator
G.L. Capasso is a family owned specialty construction company. We have been in business for over 40 years and are a leader in our industry. We perform public and high end private construction work throughout CT, NY, NJ and MA. We are seeking a Project Manager/Estimator to be based in our New Haven, CT office. If you are interested in working for a growing company that values employee development, provides a collaborative work environment, and offers continual job advancement then G.L. Capasso could be the place for you.
This position is for a project manager who can also can read drawings and do quantity take offs. Projects typically consist of new masonry construction, cutting and pointing of brick, concrete repair, masonry restoration, waterproofing, caulking, etc. The ideal candidate will be able to perform quantity take offs and import the quantities into an excel spreadsheet for management to plug in costs associated with the quantity take off. If the bid is successful then the candidate will be involved in all aspects of managing the project.
If you are currently working in a generalized construction role and interested in working in a more specialized position for a growing specialty contractor, then we could be a fit for you!
As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Defining and quantifying scope of works. Performing quantity take-offs from drawings, reading specifications to determine materials for material price lists. and then importing the data into an excel spreadsheet.
- Reviewing / researching historical data and compiling summary reports of completed projects to develop precedence for future estimates.
- Maintaining involvement in uncovering sales opportunities with prospective and existing customers.
- Managing self-performed complex repair and restoration projects.
- Developing and managing schedules in collaboration with field leadership.
- Working closely with in-house sales teams to assist in reviewing bids and developing proposals.
- Developing and maintaining strong customer, client and vendor relationships.
- Demonstrating dedication to safety and quality control on all projects.
Candidates should meet the following criteria for this exciting position:
- Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management may be given preference.
- 3+ years of construction experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and autonomously - both in the field and the office.
- Prior experience estimating and managing construction projects.
- Ability to evaluate, quantify and capture specification requirements within an estimate.
- Demonstrated construction math and computer skills including Microsoft Excel and / or construction estimating software. Must also be able to demonstrate ability to read blue prints.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully manage construction projects up to roughly $1 Million in contract value.
- Previous experience managing projects that include structural concrete repair, masonry, waterproofing, etc. is a plus.
- Proven knowledge of computer based programs including Microsoft Office, Excel as well as project management and forecasting tools.
Our ideal candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
EOE/M/F/D/VCompany Description G.L. Capasso is a family owned specialty construction company. We have been in business for over 40 years and are a leader in our industry. We perform public and high end private construction work throughout CT, NY, NJ and MA.