Executive Chef 2
Employer is seeking an Executive Chef 2 at University of New Haven in West Haven, CT.
The position services campus catering, including Presidential catering and food on demand.
The Executive Chef 2 position reports directly to the Campus Executive Chef.
Higher Education campus in urban area with a high-volume operation spread out over a medium size campus with a combination of service points. We are looking for a candidate with experience at all culinary levels from baking for coffee services, plated meal service,drop-offs to Presidential events and everything in between. Proven ability to plan, coordinate, prep and setup as well as execute high profile specialty events featuring unique culinary approaches numerous times during the year. Ability to understand, navigate and network with a broad client base with different palates making multi-tasking a key to be a success in a very visible and hands on environment. Organizational and planning skills as well as experience overseeing events are areas where the candidates need to have a proven track record and can speak to this experience in detail and solid examples. Keen interest of food, current trends and unique presentations as well as desire to establish new looks, tastes and flavors in this operation are requisite for the successful candidate. Servsafe certificate needed, or successful testing within 90 days. Knowledge of HCAAP and sanitation guidelines is needed. Successful track record and similar experience in catering or higher end food service is needed.
The Executive Chef needs to be extremely creative and be able to provide exceptional culinary creations that will "WOW" the clients. This is a working chef position and requires excellent customer service and client relation skills.
The ideal candidate:
- has high volume culinary production experience in Campus/University, Hotel, or Banquet setting
- is committed to providing the highest level of culinary services.
- is a leader and focuses on team building, training, and mentoring of staff
- focuses on food quality, safety, presentation, creativity, cleanliness, and facility maintenance.
- is technically competent in unit financial management with proven experience ordering, maintaining food and labor cost, and controlling inventory.
- takes responsibility for training and development of hourly culinary employees.
- possesses a strong understanding of food safety and HACCP standards and ability to drive employee accountability for sanitation standards.
- demonstrates culinary creativity and is experienced creating menu's that incorporate promotions and interactive student presentations.
- is an organized professional with effective leadership, communication, time management, interpersonal skills.
- experience with procuring and using local ingredients
- preferably possesses a culinary degree and a CEC Certification through the American Culinary Federation
Come join Employer Education, the leading campus dining provider, serving more than 600 higher education campuses throughout the country!
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Employer is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.