Software Engineer-Industrial Controls/PLC
Software Engineer: Industrial Controls in Cheshire, CT.
The Software Engineer: Industrial Controls will provide the technical expertise required for computer and PLC setup, programming, and assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Provide the technical expertise required for computer and PLC setup, programming, and assistance
• Planning/writing of programming code as necessary, to ensure the end product meets functional goals expected of the product on required schedules
• Design and develop HMI applications
• Design and review PLC & IO network architecture
• Support the creation of technical product documentation and information
• Provide on-site assistance during system start-up, commissioning, and maintenance
• Estimate and report project status
• 3-5 years experience with C# and .NET programming is required
• 3-5 years experience with SQL database such as PostgreSQL or MS SQL
• 3-5 years experience with PLC controls from vendors such as Koyo
• Experience writing multi-threading applications is highly desired
• Electrical experience is desired
• Experience with Modbus is a plus
• Experience with LabVIEW is a plus
• Strong communications and organizational skills are required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Occasionally (1-20% of work time);
Company Description FPC of Hampton Roads is a Virginia SWaM certified ( Certification # 677872), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) (Certification # P) and minority owned business dedicated to providing permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing services to private, government and military agencies.