Help Desk Technician Level 3
3 days left
- Job Board
Reports directly to the Director of IT. Primary task is to provide end-user support when needed. The Help Desk Technician is responsible for helping to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes assisting in the installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing the network hardware, software, and communication links. They will be tasked with helping to analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training when required. The Help Desk Technician will be the first line of end-user support and will be expected to provide on-call support as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoot and repair Microsoft Windows operating systems issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Microsoft Office software issues.
- Performs Helpdesk support to end users for hardware and software issues. This includes password resets, printer configurations, break / fix instructions, ticket routing and escalation when needed. Remote support and troubleshooting will also be required.
- Troubleshoot and repair simple issues with the IT infrastructure to include the server room, LAN and WAN networks and Telecommunication networks.
- Use Microsoft Active Directory in account creation/ termination, password reset and group memberhip.
- Assist in managing security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems and work to remove malware from the IT network and end user computers.
- Responsible for the Company's antivirus program to include education of the end users.
- Assists in managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches.
- Oversees installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensures network connectivity of all workstations.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as required.
- Remains abreast of changes in user and system software and hardware requirements.
- Assists in monitoring and administering the network, by use of network log files and monitoring tools.
- Participates in the support of SQL Database Platforms.
- Will be expected to practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information once trained.
- May be required to assist in managing servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software once trained.
- May assist with monitoring and testing network performance and provideing network performance statistics and reports when instructed
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or equivalent in computer science required.
- 3+ years of IT Helpdesk or related experience required.
- Certifications in the following: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA and/or MCSE are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Communication Skills - Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal and problem solving skills. Must be able to communicate across different levels.
- Must be able to understand the importance of working to ensure the integrity of the systems are maintained.
- Must be well organized, honest and professional.
- Must have the ability to analyze and assess user issues to determine best solutions.
- Computer Skills - Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have experience working with and supporting both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Windows Server 2008+ preferred
- Great Plains 2015 experience is a plus.
- CRM 2015 experience is a plus.
- Experience with Routing\Switching a plus.
- VMWare 5.0+ a plus.
Company Description Innovative technology company located in Branford, CT
We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non- work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. An Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/