Experienced Help Desk Support Position
- Job Overview:
- TBNG Consulting, has an immediate opportunity for an experienced, motivated & qualified individual to join its Engineering team in the position of Network Technician. Salary range is commensurate with experience and certifications.
**Please do not contact us unless you have at least 2 years of help desk experience**
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 2+ year's of demonstrable experience in a helpdesk support role with exposure to Network infrastructure systems, applications, and related technologies.
- Current, relative industry technical certifications and continuing education (i.e. Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, Fortinet, etc.).
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Strong customer service skills.
- CompTIA A+ & CompTIA Network+ Certifications a MUST
- Must be a self-starter that is reliable, punctual, and consistent with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels.
- Provide Troubleshooting and problem solving for end-user, network and application issues.
- Preferred Qualifications & Expectations:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field
- Strong technical engineering skills are preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft server operating systems, Active Directory (AD), Linux platforms, VMware and related technologies.
- MCSA or MCSE related certifications a PLUS
- Basic knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of enterprise class firewall management. Applicant should understand how to manage and support security policies based off of addressing, users, applications, and services.
- Basic knowledge of ipsec tunnels for site-to-site tunnels, SSL VPN, and other remote connectivity systems.
- Basic understanding of risk-oriented cyber security practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with large scale desktop deployment strategies using tools such as WDS.
- Experience with PowerShell and Batch commands a PLUS
- Microsoft AZURE and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) Experience and certifications a PLUS
- Physical Requirements:
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and ever-changing environment
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal team and external customers and contacts.
Travel for this position is limited mostly to Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
TBNG offers a very competitive benefit package, including medical, vision and dental coverage. Other benefits include a 401(k) Plan, LTD & STD as well as Basic Life Insurance, and a paid time-off policy. Our firm pays for you to stay connected by providing Smartphones to all engineers as well as a company laptop. A fleet of TBNG vehicles is at your disposal for travel & on-site client visits. You will have exposure to state-of the-art technology and great training opportunities. Employees on our team work hard, support each other, are given opportunities to grow, and are generously compensated for their individual and team contributions.Company Description Established in 2005, TBNG Consulting is a CT Based professional information technology consulting firm. We are a fast growing, team focused company with over a decade of experience specializing in custom network design, security implementation, managed support, and project deployment solutions for organizations looking for best-of-breed hardware and the highest quality of service. With offices in CT and RI, TBNG is proud to provide technical solutions for organizations throughout the northeast, with a focus on supporting their strategic initiatives.