ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT NEEDED
ASTAIRE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT NEEDED
About the Company
The Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Southbury, opened their doors in December of 2011 and we have created an elegant, friendly, no-pressure environment in which our students can learn great dance from world class instructors. Our most important priorities are that our students have fun while they improve their dance skills. Our company leaders thrive on competitive spirit, being the best, and working to make a positive impact on others. We love to work with high energy, optimistic people who want to contribute to the team, are interested in a continual learning environment, and who believe nothing is impossible. We serve the following communities in Connecticut: Southbury, Woodbury, Oxford, Naugatuck, Seymour, Waterbury, Watertown, Ansonia, New Milford, Prospect, Derby, Shelton, Woodbridge, Wolcott, Plymouth, Thomaston, Washington and Huntington, Newtown, Bethel, and surrounding towns.
The Astaire Administrative Assistant is often the first impression of our studio and company, therefore we are seeking a classy, upbeat, and driven individual who knows how to present themselves with the utmost professionalism and grace. This individual will be responsible for our front of the house administrative duties as well as supporting the Directors and instructors day to day, must be adept at balancing multiple tasks with a friendly, courteous demeanor.
The administrative responsibilities are as follows:
- Welcome and exit members in a confident, professional, and friendly manner
- Answer and direct phone calls, taking and relaying messages. Calls should be answered promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Booking, Rebooking, managing student appointments
- Filing and reporting financials weekly
- Maintain student's contact information up to date
- Light sales over the phone to new and prospective students
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Maintain filing system and attention to detail
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to students and prospective students
- Take payments in person and over the phone
- Answer students' questions and give information regarding the company procedures and policies in an exact and customer-friendly way
- Maintain clean and organized appearance of the studio, light cleaning of promises.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma
- Proven experience in a customer service position with heavy face-to-face interaction with customers/clients
- Friendly and courteous demeanor
- Classy & Well-dressed
- Very proficient with computers and the internet, especially Apple technology
- Efficient and accurate work ethic
- Experience creating flyers and creative images on the computer
- Experience with an appointment booking system
- Experience as a personal assistant
- Administrate/clerical experience as a receptionist or front desk associate, etc. specifically
- Experiences with Pages, Numbers and other Apple softwares
Fred Astaire Dance Studio: Over 60 years strong in teaching, performances, competition and customer service using the guiding light principles of the great dance and performer Fred Astaire. We have over 172 studios nationwide and 19 studios overseas. Our studio offers a fun and creative atmosphere to teach and enrich the lives of everyone that comes into our doors. Visit our website: