Deburring Manfuacturing Associate
Contract Length: 12 months
Hours: M-F 7am - 3:30pm
This position is primarily responsible for performing light secondary work such as deburring, tapping, cutting washing, and simple machining. This position will also act as a backup to in-house production Quality Control, which is responsible for ensuring that products being machined in-house meet the specifications as defined by the business' engineering drawings and process instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform light secondary deburring, cleaning, grinding, washing, and straightening of parts.
- Load machines with materials
- Measure parts for accuracy and quality
- Perform drilling, cutting, tapping, buffing, press work, and simple machining.
- Report defective material, unusual conditions, and/or circumstances to the supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as directed or required.
- Perform inspections on all products and components manufactured in-house or from outside suppliers to ensure conformance to business specifications. Confirm that accompanying documentation meets requirements as well
- Perform Non-Destructive Testing and Destructive Testing as required by incoming test documentation
- Generate first-article reports and maintain records in an organized fashion
- Communicate non-conformances to applicable departments and collaborate on resolutions
- Document common cause non-conformances into reject logs and applicable reports
- Meet with engineering teams to determine key dimensions for new components to be inspected and assigned to the incoming history cards
- Ensure that all incoming bar stock from suppliers conform to the business' requirements, documentation, and suppliers' Certificate of Conformance
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High School diploma or GED required; Technical degree or Associates preferred
1-3 years related experience; or combination of education and experience
Ability to use all common inspection equipment including micrometers, calipers, height gauges, video inspection systems, comparator, and pin and threat gauges
Ability to read and understand blueprints, including the definitions of ANSI Y14.5 (GD&T) symbols and their relationships
Company Description We Deliver- Talent, Solution & Satisfaction:
SilverXis Inc. is leading provider of workforce solutions. We combine our profound industry expertise with our broad range of full-service capabilities In Recruitment, Consulting, Staffing, and Outsourcing - to deliver the right fit to our clients and candidates. As a leading provider of Staff augmentation and Development, SilverXis will deliver the support staff with the essential expertise to compliment your organization.