- Perform setups for optical, mechanical, electrical, in process and final inspection.
- Operate all equipment to perform inspection with minimal supervision.
- Perform inspection on raw material, fabricated parts, purchased items, in process inspection of sub-assemblies used in all product lines, and/or final inspection of systems, products and accessories prior to shipping.
- Determine methods of inspection based on specifications, utilizing standard inspection equipment. Work to drawings, MIL specifications, or other written r verbal information or instructions.
- Control and report nonconforming material, through the NCMR database, and maintain inspection reports.
- Effectively communicate with staff and supervision.
- Train other inspectors and operators, in proper inspection procedures and equipment operation.
- Investigate issues and initiate corrective actions, including waivers and engineering change requests.
- Investigate and implement changes to inspection procedures and processing methods.
- Identify potential areas for product and process improvement.
- Maintain priorities and workflow in accordance with production shop floor schedules.
- Maintain and Calibrate measuring equipment, and maintain their calibration records.
- Maintain work area and perform operations safely and in accordance with safety polocies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Operating knowledge of equipment appropriate to the inspection method required, e.g. micrometers, calipers, height guages, volt meters, shadowgraph, microscopes.
- Knowledge and experience operating coordinate measuring machines (CMM). Programming experience is desired.
- Interpret manufacturing drawings and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methods.
- Must be proficient in Math, Microsoft Word and Exce
High School or Trade School Diploma Required