Installs, moves, and modifies telecommunications and related equipment according to job order specifications, standards, and procedures.
1. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions.
2. Repairs voice and data equipment.
3. Establishes time and cost estimates.
4. Maintains accurate records of staff hours and materials used.
5. Reports and monitors service order changes.
6. Maintains and repairs telecommunications systems and equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and specifications.
7. Performs additional functions incidental to technician activities.
Required Education and Experience:
Four years of related work experience, two of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or two years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required License(s) or Certification(s): State of Ct. T-2 or better
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Basic Computer skills and demonstrated knowledge of telecommunication technologies.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated ability to work in a high energy, group work environment.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent customer service skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
At least 2 years of customer service work experience. Basic understanding of voice communications services.