Sr Manufacturing Engineer
Do you have experience in the machining industry? Are you able to work with high-precision machining processes for aerospace parts?
If so, you need to contact us right away. Our client has been a leader in precision manufacturing and systems integration for more than 60 years. We are moving expediently to hire qualified, progressive candidates who are seeking tenure in a position with a forward-thinking company.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Prepare parts and assembly drawings in accordance with company's engineering standards.
- Investigate, advise, and resolve engineering or design-related problems that occur with machining metal components.
- Prepare engineering change requests/notices.
- Ensure the manufacturability of all parts and assemblies designed by conducting a thorough dimensional analysis of parts and assemblies.
- Participate in field trials or product improvements to validate design changes.
- U.S. Permanent Resident status or U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Associate's degree or equivalent knowledge to allow understanding of higher math and advanced geometry.
- At least 5+ years' experience in a comparable role.
- Has a broad knowledge of machine tools and their capabilities for the purpose of properly routing precision components.
- Previous experience working on continuous projects and using Lean tools is a plus
- An understanding of Unigraphics- NX 8.0 or higher is required
- Previous experience with modeling, programming and/or using vertical and horizontal milling and lathe machines
- An understanding of the time it takes to run parts, including set up and adjustments to produce accurate quotes on products
- Some supervisory experience is a plus
- Preferably experience with parts with tight tolerances and contours
- Aerospace or Industrial Gas Turbine power experience preferable
- Previous experience in manufacturing as an Industrial Engineer, Quality Engineer, Process Engineer, or directly related engineering role focused on process improvement is preferred
Company Description At Exemplar 360, we partner with our clients' to understand their critical needs to accomplish their strategic goals. We are a unique organization. We are real-world practitioners and find the most efficient and effective ways to support our clients. We specialize in Project & Program Management Operational Excellence, Business Process Improvement, Continuous Improvement Process Engineers & Quality Engineers Change Management Business Transformation Information Technology