Are you able to handle the day-to-day issues with product quality? Would you like to be a part of a company that has the capabilities that lead to a true manufacturing partnership and who is committed to the value-added services?
Our client has a history that spans more than 70 years and they have built a reputation as a leader in precision manufacturing and systems integration in aerospace.
We are seeking Quality Engineers who have the ability to provide technical support to the Manufacturing department in the form of problem solving and process improvement activities.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Manufacturing process problem solving
- Create in-process check sheets for manufacturing
- Internal Quality Management System auditing
- Create final inspection check sheets for inspection
- Minimize waste by working with internal teams and external supplier's engineering and manufacturing representatives by driving process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned within the Quality department
- 5 or more years relevant quality or manufacturing experience
- Proficient in GD&T.
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint and understanding of MRP systems.
- Understanding of or aptitude to understand Quality Management Systems requirements.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in time pressure situations is critical.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering / Technology
- Aerospace and/or precision machining experience preferred, especially experience utilizing First Article processes for Aerospace OEM's.
- Previous experience within manufacturing as an Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, or directly related engineering role focused on process improvement is preferred
- Relevant background in Lean, Six Sigma principles (Green-belt or Black-belt certification is highly preferred)
- U.S. Permanent Resident status or U.S. Citizenship required