Registered Nurse (Travel) for Operating Room OR - Immediate
Registered Nurse RN for Operating Room OR - Immediate requirement
Higher rate negotiable, and potential bonus opportunities.
A 156-bed acute-care hospital with a long-standing reputation for high quality care and high patient satisfaction and the only hospital in the state to offer all private rooms is looking for a Registered Nurse RN (Travel) for Operating Room OR - Immediate requirement.
$2200 to $2350 / week
$55.0 to $58.75 / hour
Location : Meriden, CT
Specialty : Operating Room OR
Afternoon shift :02:00 PM to 10:00 PM ; 5 days / week
Rotating weekends & holidays.
Operating Room nurses (RN) provides direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of OR nurses include (but are not limited to):
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education.
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team.
- Takes and monitors patients' vital signs.
- Ensures that operating on correct patient and the correct procedure is being performed.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Prepares operating room for patient/procedure.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Monitors patients' physical and emotional well-being throughout the care continuum.
- Current Connecticut State license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- On Call when needed.
- Ability to float to other if needed.
- Ortho OR Experience 2 to 3 years strongly preferred.
- BCLS certification required.
Clover Health Staffing Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
For more related jobs call or visitCompany Description Clover Health Services offers travel nurse opportunities across the country that enable RNs to earn top pay, learn new skills and build their resume. Our nurses enjoy generous insurance benefits (health/disability/worker's comp/professional liability) as well as non-taxable housing and per diem stipends, travel and credentialing reimbursements, referral bonuses and the opportunity to participate in a 401(k).