DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train machine operators,
- Encourage and contribute to a positive team environment,
- Execute instructions and procedures to operators for jobs running on each line,
- Perform in-process quality inspections and final inspection for product in their assigned cell,
- Attention to detail to identifying potential defective product as early as possible,
- Ensure all products are properly identified with the appropriate labels,
- Thorough documentation of the productivity and quality performance,
- Oversee operators/temporary workers, and up to 10 injection molding machines per shift,
- Report and/or correct any safety-related concerns,
- Report discrepancies on any internal documentation, such as bills of materials, work orders, work instructions, inspection plans, etc.,
- Talk second shift foreman and then first shift foreman on the status of all jobs running.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent,
- Excellent communication and training skills,
- Ability to read and comprehend work instructions and set up sheets,
- Extremely detailed-oriented with a quality-oriented mindset
- Ability to improvise and adapt where needed.
PREFERRED (**REQUIRED**) SKILLS:
- 2+ years of injection molding experience,
- 2+ years of supervising an injection molding shift,
- Experience within a team leadership role,
- Experience using measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, etc.,
- Experience operating a fork truck or other heavy equipment.