Basement Systems is seeking a creative communications specialist who is eager to tell stories, report good news and contribute to the growth of one of the most unique professional communities in the world.
As the principal contributor to our newly formed newsroom, you will produce content that promotes our products and services, highlights the success of our clients, and builds brand awareness. You'll collaborate on a wide variety of projects that serve our international network of dealers (i.e. clients) and our company's internal initiatives. Our Seymour, CT headquarters has been named a Top Workplace in Connecticut for the past three years - come see why.
What You Will Do Every Day
- Be proactive in the search for stories that energize and inspire employees and dealers
- Report and write on the successes of our dealers through interviews and research
- Produce irresistible email newsletters that inform and call readers to action
- Write recaps of company events for posting on intranet and social media channels
- Develop articles and infographics for our quarterly editorial publications
- Edit and polish previously written content in our sales and marketing materials
- Learn and grow - personally and professionally
- Passion for high editorial standards - you get upset when you see "it's" when it should be "its"
- Manage projects and deadlines under direct supervision and independently
- Effective and consistent communication with colleagues and our dealers
- Versatile writing style - you can change your tone based on audience and format
- Comfortable with a fluid work environment - you can shift work assignments easily
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates the range and quality of your writing
- Positive attitude - you seek solutions, you help others, you support the team
- Open to learning, dedicated to improving, committed to excellence
*Please provides work samples of written work toCompany Description