Sterile Processing Technician
Job Title: Sterile Processing Technician
Position: Full-Time w/ Benefits (One year contract/ possible extended longer)
Location: New Haven, CT (VA Connecticut Healthcare System-VACT)
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Requirements: IAHCSMM Certification or CBSPD Certification Required
Summary The Sterile Processing Technician performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
- Possess EITHER
- Certification as a sterilization technician by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc (CBSPD) or equivalent certifying agency (e.g., the International Association of Healthcare Central Services Materials Management, or the National Institute of Healthcare Sterile Processing and Distribution Personnel).
- Minimum 1 year experience as SPD within the preceding 3 years
- Ability to meet all health, compliance and competency requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English
- CPR/BLS certification through approved agency
- U.S. Citizen
Responsibilities and Functions
- Must be able to perform all functions included in SPD Technician job description.
- Verifies that all quality assurance testing is completed in a timely manner.
- Verifies that all logs are maintained at each location.
- Ensures that all deliverables are received by the client complete and on time.
- Provides emergency coverage for clinical sites as needed.
- Travel to all assigned clinic locations on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: This is a full-time position with benefits
****IAHCSMM Certification or CBSPD Certification RequiredCompany Description The Ravens Group is a, CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in Government Contracting and Consulting. Our corporate headquarters is in Lanham, Maryland. The Ravens Group, Inc. is an "EOE" D/V/M/F employer.