Day Service Coordinator
DAY SERVICE COORDINATOR (DSC)
The Institute of Professional Practice is currently seeking a Day Service Coordinator (DSC) in Hamden, CT. The DSC is responsible for the creation, implementation, supervision, coordination and quality of participant services and supports. The DSC will serve as the primary staffing, budgetary and administrative agent for the Day Service Program.
- Provides site coverage for Day Program DSPs
- Operates program within defined budgetary parameters
- Communicates with and supervises staff to enhance services, resolve problems, make the best use of resources
- Coordinate daily/weekly services and activities in collaboration with Day Program DSPs.
- Oversee Day Program DSPs in daily preparation and coordination of work site assignments and schedules.
- Coordinates all aspects of the Individual Plans as outlined for the Day Program setting.
- Provides onsite training for Day Program DSPs
- Establish and maintain contacts with community and ancillary providers to assure varied and quality optioned client activities
- Serves as a liaison between participants, state agencies and parents to facilitate open lines of communication between all parties.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal licensing regulations.
- Provides direction, oversight and support to department staff daily
- Works with residential staff to maintain consistency with programs and associated intervention/strategies
- Participates as Day Program representative in all IP and progress meetings
- Oversees vehicle fleet and insures that all units are well maintained
- Bachelor's degree with two years' experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and safe driving record
- 18 years or older
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good computer skills