Project Engineer Manager
Our client is a successful precision machining aerospace business and has engaged us for a search for an experienced Project Engineering Manager. A successful candidate will develop and lead multiple, complex product development projects within a Machining Manufacturing environment. They will have the proven ability to monitor and review project progress, including budgets, project risks and schedule. We are searching for a creative and dedicated individual who will work well within a collaborative culture environment.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop project plans using MS Project
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Manage project budget and allocation of resources to minimize cost and time to completion
- Provide direction and support to project team which will include all levels in the business including plant management staff
- Some travel may be required to work with other plants in the Midwest and Southeast.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Knowledge and working experience within the aerospace machining facility industry
- BS in Engineering required.
- Work experience in project management and manufacturing engineering
- Direct work experience as a project leader or manager is mandatory.
- Proven experience in people management and influencing others
- Proven experience in strategic planning and risk management
- Proven experience in change management
- Proficient in project management software, MS Project is highly desired.
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing
- Precision machining experience on milling and turning aerospace parts required
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.