Production Planner / Buyer - Aerospace
Job Location: Meriden, CT, USA
Gar Kenyon Aerospace is seeking a Production Planner/Buyer to join our team.
- Plan, coordinate and prioritize schedules to maximize on-time delivery to customer and minimize excess inventory exposure.
- Track and report status of work in process and communicate potential delays or manufacturing issues to Sales, Customer Service, Inspection and Engineering.
- Responsible for the control and management of inventory assets to assure compliance with production schedules.
- Directs the activities related to the ordering, expediting, and coordination of external services and the delivery of materials, parts and components to manufacturing operations and customers.
- BS in Business Management or the equivalent of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment, including manufacturing systems, product costing and planning.
- Successful candidate needs to possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer and MRP/Planning systems also required.
- Knowledge of "Global Shop" MRP system a plus.