We are seeking a Tool Designer and a apprentice Tool Designer to become a part of our team! You will prepare models and detailed working drawings of tools for the aerospace industry or learn to do so.
Tool Designer Responsibilities:
- Model fixtures including grinding, turning, milling and EDM fixtures.
- Draft fixtures including grinding, turning, milling and EDM fixtures.
- Model and draft miscellaneous gages, staging fixtures and fixture gages .
- Calculate dimensions and determine tolerances required for designs.
- Check designs of co workers.
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload.
- Coordinate with other colleagues regarding complex designs.
Tool Designer Qualifications:
- Previous experience with tool design preferably in the aerospace industry.
- Familiarity with geometric tolerancing.
- Familiarity with Unigraphics or CAD software. Unigraphics preferred.
- Deadline, cost and detail-oriented
Apprentice Tool Designer Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to learn Unigraphics CAD software.
- Learn tool design basics progressing towards being a Journeyman Tool Designer.
- A small amount of clerical work required for the design department.
Tool Designer Apprentice Qualifications:
- Graduated Technical High School Mechanical Drafting program or have an Associates Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Program
- We will consider candidates with a CNC machining or CMM background.
- Have used some type of CAD program.