Supply Chain Coordinator/Entry level Planner
Duties will include scheduling production and maintaining documentation for production runs. While there are set tasks that need to be accomplished, this position has the potential to evolve into additional responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface with customer service reps as well as engineering.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling activities for product line utilizing Visual planning tools to model, simulate, and release work orders to the shop floor.
- Validate physical inventory vs. system reports.
- Drive scheduling discussions with the project and manufacturing groups to ensure contract commitments are achieved by identifying critical path, potential bottle necks and expediting opportunities.
- Monitor performance to the plan and take pro-active action to solve problems and mitigate risk in meeting the plan.
- Plans and manages production schedules to ensure on time delivery of customer orders.
- Calculate required resources needed to accomplish the production plan.
- Streamline the production process through participation in the implementation of MRP systems, routings, and shop floor controls.
- Report on metrics geared towards fill rates, backlog inventory levels, COGS and manage the dispatch & scheduling process. Confer with Department Manager, vendors, and customers to coordinate production and shipping activities, and to resolve conflicts and/or eliminate delays.
- Revise production schedules if required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, in cooperation with management, sales, production, and engineering.
- Responsible for aiding in the sales order and expedite confirmation process for customer requests & needs through the Sales and Customer Service departments with respect to capacity planning and material requests.
- Maintain system integrity.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Computer skills/ MRP/ Microsoft Office.
- Have the numerical skills to interpret statistics and make commercial decisions.
- Have excellent business, planning and organizational skills.
- Be able to make decisions, meet targets, and work under pressure
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or Associates degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
Frequent mental and visual attention required. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and occasionally required to walk, sit, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to airborne particles and chemicals. The noise level is usually moderate.
The employee is required to wear safety glasses, earplugs and safety shoes.
Company Description RAF is part of MW Industries Inc., , and is the nation's leading supplier of electronic hardware components to a variety of industries, including computers, telecommunications, medical, entertainment and military/aerospace. Our Product Line includes the following: standoffs, spacers, handles & ferrules, male/female standoffs, captive screws, retainers, jackscrews, precision shoulder screws, thumb screws, thumb nuts, swage standoffs, insulating washers, anti-rotation swage standoffs, swaging tools, and plastic circuit board supports. All products can be supplied in American standard and metric dimensions.