Planner - Manufacturing
Planner needed for a growing Manufacturing Company in Connecticut
- Under limited supervision, assumes planning responsibility for a major product line(s), including resource allocation and the flow of work through the manufacturing cycle to ensure on time delivery. This will include released products, and products in development.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling activities from receipt of order through quality control in order to meet delivery schedules on time, and at the highest possible quality.
- Manage the job loading to the manufacturing work cells to ensure a level capacity demand. Coordinate with purchasing to ensure materials arrive in a timely fashion to support manufacturing requirements.
- Interface with design and manufacturing engineers to manage the release of and ensure the timely and well-executed introduction of new product into standard production.
- Review ECO's, NCMR's and Waivers to ensure compliance with the correct product revision levels and proper disposition of parts.
- Develop or maintain appropriate reports, files and measures to provide an accounting to management and appropriate work teams on the status of performance to schedule, delivery commitments, production problems, and backlog, etc.
- Establish priorities for production and common resource areas.
- Support physical inventories and cycle counts as required.
- As required, work with suppliers, purchasing team members and other planners to establish and implement Demand Flow Technology (DFT).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, have a forward-thinking mindset, and possess a strong interest in process improvement.
- Bachelors' degree required. Degree in operations management, engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a high tech, high volume manufacturing environment; including shop floor control and capacity planning, preferably with OEM suppliers.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably NaVision preferred.
APICS certification preferred. Experience in an ISO environment a plus. Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to shift priorities based upon business demand.Company Description About us
Hiring-Resources you can count on ...
HireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this up front.
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
The cornerstone of HireResources success is in its commitment to ethical business practices and superb consumer service. Our "Code of Ethics"??? is the foundation of this success.
Integrity - Work honestly, every day.
People - Develop and deliver diverse talent
Customer Focus - Anticipate priorities & exceed their expectations
Respect - Value all customers and collaborate with one another
Performance - Be accountable, manage risks and deliver a high level of quality.