ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Issues tools and equipment to workers and maintain records of tools and equipment issued and returned.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools and equipment, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory.
- Mark and identify tools and equipment, using identification tag, stamp, or electric marking tool.
- Inspect and measure tools and equipment for defects and wear, visually or using micrometer, and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
- Locate lost or misplaced tools and equipment.
- Create lost/broken tool reports that provide supervisors and quality information about the lost/broken tool.
- Ensure proper preventative maintenance and repairs, cleans and rebuilds tools, replacing components that frequently wear out.
- Perform tool crib inventory cycle counts to ensure Tooling inventory accuracy.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Strong general knowledge of hand tools and their functions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Required to stand for extended amounts of time.
- Physically able to safely and efficiently handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to successfully keep multiple tasks running simultaneously
- Works well with people, both internally and externally, and at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively via the phone, email, etc.
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn new things.