Service Management Developer
The Service Management Developer designs, develops and configures applications on the ServiceNow platform with a focus on Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM). This position works closely with other members of the ServiceNow team and stakeholders to understand business needs and leverage the power of the platform to deliver solutions that meet these needs. The Service Management Developer will regularly collaborate with other team members, clients, ITS colleagues, and vendors and will contribute to emerging strategies, best practices and guidelines.
1. Maintain existing ServiceNow modules to support the business and IT Service Management practices (Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Knowledge, Service Catalog, ITAM, CMDB).
2. Configures and scripts business rules, UI policies, UI Actions, client scripts, script includes, workflows, ACLs, etc.
3. Designs and implements large and highly complex feature implementations while keeping a focus on maintainability and upgradability of the ServiceNow platform.
4. Participates in the planning, development and implementation of business solutions. Ensures stakeholder, intended user's needs, and scheduled timelines are met.
5. Reviews business requirements and participates in their creation. Documents technical requirements.
6. Provide estimates on time, effort and resources to complete a scope of work.
7. Defines and executes unit testing procedures to ensure high quality solutions. Monitors effectiveness and efficiency of applications and systems and lead initiatives to improve system availability, cost, performance and manageability across the lifecycle.
8. Trains, mentors, and develops other staff.
9. Investigates new features and applications available in the ServiceNow platform and demos findings to internal or external teams.
10. Recommends and creates new policy. Creates and utilizes internal and industry best practices.
11. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
o Bachelor's Degree in a related field and six years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Minimum 5-10 yrs. work experience, preferably in a development role in a service management environment.
o At least 3 years experience with ServiceNow and Discovery expertise.
o Hands on implementing and manageing CMDB technologies.
o Experience with Incident, Change, Problem, Request, CMDB and Knowledge applications.
o Integrating with systems via webServices and JDBC.
o Certified ServiceNow administrator.
o Understand full application lifecycle.
o ITIL Foundations certification.
o ServiceNow Certified Developer and familiarity with concepts around writing scoped applications
o AngularJS 1.x
o Bootstrap and/or Foundation
o Software Asset Management
o Discovery Tools