Technical Support Analyst
Marlin is an innovative company that provides advanced digital signage to thousands of companies around the world. A highly regarded leader in its field, Marlin has been in business since 1913 and is today a fully digital company committed to advanced technology.
The company has a solid track record of growth and is privately held. Because it doesn't answer to Wall Street, Marlin is able to pursue the best interests of both its customers and employees. This is reflected in the company's unique and appealing culture.
We are currently seeking a full-time Technical Support Analyst. This person will be responsible for ensuring that our customers have the easiest time possible using Saas-based software within their environments. This person will be required to help install, debug and teach our growing clientele by phone and via email. The ideal candidate will also work closely with Product Management and Developers to help them understand the technical needs of our customers and suggest enhancements or features to eliminate future customer issues.
- Conduct customer support which may consist of but is not limited to the following:
Provide phone/email support on technical hardware/software issues
Set up, configure, and support internal and/or external networks
- Assist regional sales force with questions on software and sales support
- Develop and maintain systems, applications, security, and network configurations
- Participate in the testing of new and existing applications
- At least 2 years of technical experience and technical support
- Knowledge administering and troubleshooting Windows-based operating systems including Windows XP/Vista/7 embedded/10 loT
- WAN, LAN and Wireless networking
- TCP/IP networking
- Network or A+ certification desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both internal and client relationships
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with multiple business teams across the company
Headquartered in Wallingford, CT - where the quality of life is high and the cost of living is low - Marlin attracts smart, motivated and fun-loving people. Some get together daily to walk, hike or enjoy other activities in the rural setting. Others are involved in some of the many company-sponsored community events or non-profit projects such as the local animal shelter.
Benefits & more
Marlin is a leader not just in its industry, but in some of the many benefits it offers employees. They include:
- Multiple healthcare packages
- 401K with 3% matching funds
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid vacation, sick days and personal days
- Fourth of July company picnic
- A rocking Christmas party
- Company sponsored breakfasts and luncheons
- A best-costume Halloween party
- Health club reimbursement
- Quarterly chair massages
- Employee recognition awards
- A dog-friendly workplace
Company Description The Marlin Company develops Saas-based visual communication programs for the workplace by using the latest in digital signage and mobile technology. Designed specifically for the workplace, the Marlin Company is the only digital signage company that provides industry-specific content.
Marlin is devoted to helping customers improve communication with their employees to keep them working safely, improve morale and promote quality in the workplace. Our team is a group of talented, dynamic people that enjoy making a creative impact on what some 1,500,000 people see on a daily basis.
The People at The Marlin Company -
You'll find dedicated, fun and caring people in a welcoming environment at The Marlin Company. Groups of people get together daily to walk hike or enjoy other activities in the rural setting. Others may be involved in company-sponsored community events or non-profit projects. And, others may volunteer at the local animal rescue organization and walk dogs on their lunch hour. And, other...well the activities and involvements are too many to list. You are sure to find someone that has similar interests though!
The Marlin Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.