CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Job Title: MACHINIST IV - CNC
Job Description: Set-up and operate computerized numerical control machinery.
Produce machined parts per blueprint specifications.
Schedule released jobs to achieve optimum machine run time.
Correct and update set-up sheets and tool lists.
Monitor machine operation to prevent mechanical and quality problems.
Clean and maintain equipment and work area. Follow safety rules and regulations.
Job specific duties, qualifications, and skills requirements -
plus educational and physical requirements:
- Trade school graduate or equivalent.
- Five years general CNC operation plus three years four or more axis CNC operation.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints.
- Basic shop math and theory.
- Adjust and maintain machines and equipment.
- Maintain maintenance history for workcenter.
- Follow safety rules and regulations.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Transfer programs between DNC and machine control.
- Pick and set tools in accordance with set-up sheet.
- Perform program verification.
- Run first piece and verify quality.
- Edit machining programs.
- Write basic machining programs.
- Calculate speeds and feeds.
- Perform precision threading and related calculations.
- Set and use precision gauges to .0001 tolerance.
- Understand geometry and waveform pertaining to precise tolerances.
- Understand surface finish, RA, RMS, cosmetic.
Company Description Please reply with your resume.