The role of the Application Specialist (AS) at Medacist is that of an advocate and liaison between the clients we serve and the technology we deliver to the healthcare industry in the form of "software as a service" (SaaS).
Each AS is assigned a subset of clients to manage from an Information Technology perspective. As an Application Specialist you would be a dedicated analytical resource for the clients you serve. Your responsibility is to proactively monitor the analytics that measure the client's pharmacy automation. In order to accomplish this task the Application Specialist must become pharmacy automation experts from a technology perspective. The AS is responsible to handle technology based interaction between Medacist and the clients they serve while reporting client relationship status to Management on a periodic basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in business analysis and requirements gathering for new applications and projects
- Organize and lead system training for end-users
- Act as client liaison by determining client's requirements and communicating to application developers
- Create and configure client data interfaces
- Diagnose data interface problems
- Perform analysis of client data configure clients reporting profile based on analysis performed
- Have a conceptual knowledge of all services and how they relate to the client
- Interact with the client (hospital) IT department to diagnosis and troubleshoot data interface issues
- Manage your own book of business - you're responsible to develop and enhance your client's relationship with Medacist
- Proactively monitor and track client data migration from hospital Intranet to Medacist Intranet to ensure data transparency
- Ensure timely delivery and accurate accounting of clients' data
- On-board and configure new clients' medication categorization based on analysis of clients' medication formulary
- Work with the sales and marketing and application development teams to effectively communicate enhancements and new releases of software to client base
- Develop client level quality assurance analysis to ensure data integrity
- Train the client side user, as a pharmacy automation analytics expert develop training protocol for clients
- Write custom SQL queries against the Oracle relational database to provide custom analytics for the client (as requested)
- Evaluate internal processes which can be automated programmatically to enhance the end-user experience
- Maintain a professional and proactive relationship with client contacts
- Maintain and adhere to general HIPAA guidelines and procedures
- Develop specification required for enhanced reporting features requested by the client
- Work with the Application Development team to develop programing specifications
- Perform analysis of software developed by the Application Development to ensure business requirements
- Work with offshore development team to provide business specifications for the development of new enhanced reporting
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by management.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, or Marketing, Communications or the equivalent years of work experience in these related fields.
- Must be very organized and be able to multi-task
- Must have strong communication skills with the aptitude for training others
- Must adhere and promote high ethical standards
- Understanding of relational database concepts is preferred
- 1-2 years SQL exposure within MS Access, Oracle, and SQL Server (Oracle preferred) is preferred
- Knowledge of and some experience with Internet technologies including SQL Access, SQL Server, or Oracle is preferred
- Experience working with a reporting tools (Crystal, or Brio) is preferred
Medacist's analytics suite of products know and RxAuditor. RxAuditorCPA and RxAuditor360 are delivered as a SaaS model to the customers we serve. Medacist is the market leader and innovator, the healthcare information sector we serve.