Retail Maintenance Engineer 2 - Meriden Square
"Make life shine brighter"
The Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical structure and equipment of the store in good working order. Other responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance and emergency, corrective and routine repairs in electrical, mechanical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and HVAC equipment. Maintain effective communication with the Chief Engineer and Store Management.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Maintain HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels
- Perform emergency, corrective and routine repairs of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems per the schedule
- Maintain routine records of all inspections, preventive maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system to ensure compliance with state and federal agencies and local fire marshal regulations.
- Maintain EPA Universal Certification and knowledge of all current legislation and requirements as they relate to EPA Regulations and the South Coast Air Quality Management District Regulations pertaining to "CFC" and refrigerant handling laws
- Work day, evening, night, weekends, and as required by emergency situations when directed by the Chief Engineer or Area Director
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as needed
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• Minimum of one year of related experience. In-depth knowledge of HVAC systems, with EPA certification and license. Strong knowledge and experience in electrical systems, plumbing, mechanical equipment, and the maintenance of this equipment. Must possess a working knowledge of personnel safety and safety engineering codes.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.Company Description Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Macy's is known for such epic events as Macy's 4th of July Fireworks?? and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade??, as well as spectacular fashion shows, culinary events, flower shows and celebrity appearances. Macy's flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, and Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in southern California -- are known internationally and are leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, and with the collective support of customers and employees, Macy's helps strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.